The way we use our body in daily activities has a tremendous effect on how we feel. Understanding and changing the habits that prime us for repetitive strain is the often overlooked and missing link to our health and vitality—and the focus of this workshop.
The problem: Viewing Posture as a fixed position of the body, which will continue to cause strain and tension.
The solution: Learning to understand Posture as a fluid relationship of the parts of the body to each other. This is the key to daily ease and vitality.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Why natural upright Posture disintegrates in humans, and how that process can be reversed
- Why old-fashioned ideas of “Good Posture” (such as “standing up straight”) don't work
- How to consciously align your body to support your upright nature
- Why viewing yourself as whole and connected will allow inner and outer postural harmony
- How to use universal principles of alignment for a natural and easy upright Posture
You will be guided to build a "Posture tool box", and learn how to incorporate these new ideas into your daily life.
Flora D.H. Ojanen
Flora D.H. Ojanen is an experienced Alexander Technique teacher, a Yoga Alliance-certified Yoga teacher, and ergonomic consultant. She holds private lessons in the Alexander Technique at her downtown San Francisco office, and group sessions onsite at Bay Area companies and yoga studios. Flora investigates the Alexander Technique’s great potential to bring ease to the practice of yoga, and offers her expertise to the Yoga community. In teaching lessons, Flora is a master in identifying creative ways to help students develop their own healing potential and stress relief through a sharpened self-awareness, which can be applied to every aspect of their lives.