The SF Center is closing for 2 weeks effective immediately.
Dated – Saturday, March 14, 2020
Dear SF Yoga Community,
The Sivananda Yoga Center is mindful of concerns over the COVID-19 (coronavirus) and is taking steps to keep the Center clean and safe:
• All restrooms are cleaned daily and all surfaces are disinfected
• All classrooms are cleaned daily
• Mats and blankets are washed regularly
• Teachers and staff wash their hands as often as possible
• We have hand sanitizer available for regular use
• We have temporarily suspended the use of hands on adjustments
For everyone’s safety, we ask you to please:
• Wash your hands thoroughly before and after attending class
• Respect those who prefer not to shake hands or embrace
• Bring your own mat, eye pillow, or any other prop
• Wipe your mat before and after using it
• Ideally, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue, discard and wash hands. At minimum, turn away and cover your nose or mouth with your arm.
• Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
• Stay at home if you are coughing and/or do not feel well
• Keep your immune system strong by practicing Yoga and managing stress
Swami Adi Parashaktiananda
Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center is a volunteer-based non-profit, teaching traditional, classical yoga for health and peace of mind in San Francisco for over 45 years. The SF Yoga Center is a branch of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm located in Grass Valley, CA and the LA Center in Los Angeles.
Housed in a beautiful building on Vicente & 23rd St. in the Sunset district of San Francisco, the Center is just minutes from the ocean, Stern Grove park, and Taraval St. There is plenty of parking in the vicinity of the center. We welcome people of all ages, race, ethnicity, and backgrounds.
“Health is Wealth, Peace of Mind is Happiness”
Established my beautiful practice at home finally. Thanks for all the guidance and homeworks.
Thanks for keeping the original tradition. st.
– Ksena Bulgakeca
A moment of peace to start the week. Something special to look forward to at the end of a working day. Something for you only, a time to reflect, outside of current space and time. A journey, which brings the satisfaction of building towards a healthier body, a better self.
Sivananda is a truly special place. A gem in San Francisco. The class teaching is in a small and personalized setting which is absolutely wonderful.
I remember walking in this amazing place 2 months ago feeling ready for a change. now, after just finishing yoga 2 – I feel my life has chaned. I’ve learned so much about yoga and about myself. I feel stronger and I feel more peaceful.
Classes / Courses