All Levels Yoga Class
This 90-minute basic Sivananda Yoga class includes the following balanced Hatha Yoga sequence:
- initial relaxation
- breathing exercises
- sun salutations
- a series of twelve classic postures (and potentially, variations)
- a final deep relaxation
The Yoga postures (asanas) and the breathing exercises (pranayama) are meditative and serve to harmonize the body, the mind and the intellect. This aids in:
- releasing tension
- stimulating blood circulation
- promoting the proper function of the internal organs for total-body health
Alternating focus on movement, breath and conscious relaxation brings awareness within, and encourages calmness—a real experience of ancient Yoga that will bring you a sense of well-being. Leave feeling peaceful and rejuvenated.
All instructors teaching Yoga asana classes at this Center have a minimum 200-hour Yoga Alliance-approved certification from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers.
- For a more in-depth introduction to the practice of classical yoga, sign up for a 5-session Yoga 1 Beginner course.
- For a more gradual introduction to Yoga, you may also enjoy our Gentle Yoga Class which is offered three times a week.