Saturday, May 20, 2017
6:00 –9:30 pm Tuition : $54.00
suggested donation or $108 sponsor
Silent Auction is open!
Bid in person, by phone or via email.
[Link to further description, photos and current bids!]
- Weekend getaway in Inverness/Point Reyes October 13-15, 2017, house sleeps six (value $800)
- Weekend for two in a luxurious Shanti Cabin at the Yoga Farm in Grass Valley (value $480)
- Vedic Astrology Consultation with Komilla Sutton (value $250)
- Gift certificate for one pair of Dansko shoes (value $195)
- Four private music lessons at Inspire Music Center on Taraval (value $154)
- Blue Turquoise Disc Necklace (value $150)
- Ganesha Bronze Relief on Leaf (value $135)
- Ayurvedic Abhyangha Massage with Kathy Gehlken
A traditional Ayurvedic warm oil massage used to detoxify, rejuvenate and balance. 90 minute session (value $130)
- Alexander Technique lesson with Flora Ojanen
Eliminate self-generated stress and tension. 90 minute session (value $130) Three lessons available.
- Homemade dinner for two to four, brought to your home on a weekend. Indian vegetarian, 4 dishes plus dessert (value $100—150) Two available.
- Large houseplant in red ceramic pot (value $115)
- Whole Foods gift card (value $100)
- Bronze Krishna Murthi with Flute (value $99)
- Five-week course at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center (value $90)
- One private yoga class at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center (value $90)
- Pure Relaxation Massage at La Petite Rose Day Spa (value $84)
- Bronze Siva Murthi (value $78)
- Cinnabar Chinese Hand-Carved Bead Necklace (value $59)
- Dinner for Two at Roti Indian Bistro (value $50)
- 32 oz jar of organic, Jersey cow ghee (value $50)
- Two Jade Bracelets (value $50)
- Asian Art Museum admission passes for two (value $50)
- prAna E.C.O. Yoga Mat, future blue (value $48)
- Chez Panisse Vegetables by Alice Waters (value $35)
- Indonesian Wooden Ganesha Head (value $30)
- prAna Steadfast Mat bag (value $30)
- Yoga Tea selection 1: DeTox, Ginger, India Spice, Skin DeTox, Chai Rooibos, Egyptian Licorice (value $29)
- Yoga Tea selection 2: Honey Lavendar Stress Relief, Chamomile, Echinacea Immune Support, Bedtime, Peppermint, Throat Comfort (value $29)
- Bronze Baby Krishna Murthi (value $27)
- Lilypad Lupine Shoulder Bag (value $25)
- prAna Wonderblock, mood indigo (value $22)
- Pink embrodered bag (value $20)
- Imperfect Produce (value $20)
Join us for this special evening in support of one of the oldest yoga centers in San Francisco. This year, we celebrate the 60th anniversary of our founder Swami Vishnudevananda's arrival in the West via San Francisco in 1957. His mission of spreading the message of peace continues to gain momentum today.
The original Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center in San Francisco was on 7th Avenue from 1973-1980. The second location was on Arguello Blvd from 1987-2014. Papers were signed for the current location in February of 2015.
The evening festivities will include:
6:00pm An inspirational talk by Swami Jnaneswariananda, celebrating the life and teachings of Swami Vishnudevananda (The Flying Swami, The Hatha Yoga Master, the Peace Advocate)
7:00pm A full Indian vegetarian dinner prepared by members of the Sri Kesari Satsang of Sunnyvale
Dessert and Silent Auction
8:00pm Kirtan Concert with Mirabai and Friends (Mirabai is trained in jazz and folk, and found the bhakti path in 2002. Mirabai has studied Indian music and kirtan with Jai Uttal, Sargam Shah and Krishna Das.)
***Sponsors receive a complimentary 5-class pass! Please call to reserve.
Come celebrate with us!
$20 donation if coming for kirtan only