The ultimate in self care—self-massage with warm, herbal oil, chosen for your body type. Slather yourself with love.
- Nourishes the entire body—decreases the effects of aging
- Imparts muscle tone and vigor to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
- Imparts a firmness to the limbs
- Lubricates the joints
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body
- Assists in elimination of impurities from the body
- Moves the lymph, aiding in detoxification
- Increases stamina
- Calms the nerves
- Benefits sleep
- Enhances vision
- Makes hair (scalp) grow luxuriantly, thick, soft and glossy
- Softens and smoothens skin; wrinkles are reduced and disappear
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta and stimulates Kapha
Kathy Gehlken, MA, RDN, CMP
Kathy Gehlken is a Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Massage Practitioner and Wellness Coach in the San Francisco Bay Area. Her work is geared toward connecting people to their inherent power to heal and be well through Ayurvedic Medicine. She also teaches workshops and classes on Ayurveda, modern nutrition, cooking and wellness.
She studied Ayurvedic Medicine at Mount Madonna College of Ayurveda and completed the Master’s Degree Program there. At Mount Madonna, she had the opportunity to study with Dr. Vasant Lad, Dr. R.H. Singh, Dr. Sarita Shreshta, Dr. John Doulliard, Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar, Dr. Professor P.H. Kulkarni and many other respected Vaidyas. She went on to study Classical Ayurveda with Dr. Yashashree Mannur at Shubham Classical Ayurveda Academy and continues her studies there—a life long journey!
She also is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Wellness Coach, Certified Massage Practitioner and RYT—200.