Bring your children ages 6-12 for a fun afternoon of yoga and art and socializing. Drop in any time. Fill out our survey to help us plan offerings for children. Would you like to see a weekly class? What ages? What about a monthly children's event? Summer programs? Summer day camp?
We love kids and know tha yoga is a good seed to plant in their lives.
Yoga students may experience the following benefits:
• Improved concentration and coordination
• Ability to self-calm and regulate emotions
• Increased strength and flexibility, of both body and mind
• Better sleep and overall health
• Expanded sense of self-esteem, awareness and cooperation
• Capacity to deal with mental disturbances
• Improved physical awareness and flexibility
• Retention of their natural intuition
In meditation, we connect to all the kids in the world and send good thoughts, love and light to those in need.
After 18 years of teaching and service at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center in Los Angeles, Swami Sivasankariananda joined staff at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm in May 2014. She has served as director of the San Francisco Center since February of 2015. She completed her TTC at the Yoga Farm in 1997 and ATTC there in 2008. She has been on yatra in north and south India and Mount Kailas. She loves to teach and is particularly fond of the Bhakti Yoga practices. She was initiated into sannyas in 2017 and is a certified yoga therapist. She is enrolled in the 800-hour Sivananda Yoga Health Educator Training and a 350-hour Pain Care Mentorship Program.